I love love LOVE pecans. Pecans itself without anything has a natural sweetness to it and it's not hard like almond or too dry like peanuts. It's already so good by itself, it's even better with HONEY. This is a healthy treat I've been making for myself really often because I just gobble them so fast. It's really simple and requires very basic items.
- 2 cups pecan
- 2 tbs honey
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 250 degree Fahrenheit
- Put your pecans on a baking sheet and bake it for 5 minutes
- After 5 min, take the pecans out and into a bowl and quickly mix in the honey and salt. Once the pecans and covered with honey evenly, put it back on the baking sheet and back into the oven.
- Leave it in the oven for around 1 hour to1 hour 30 min. Once you can smell the honey from another room, it's pretty much done.
- Take it out and separate the pecans from each other to prevent them from getting stuck after they've cooled.
- Wait until the pecans completely cools and store in a sealed container to keep it fresh and crispy.